Saturday 24 March 2012

World's End 24th March

Did part of the 2011 Etape Cymru route. Road out from Chester, out into North Wales and over the Steps, through Minera, over to Rhosllanerchrugog, through Acre Fair, and then over the Garth (which is quite a steep long climb which was the first real hill on last year's Etape Cymru. Once over that, the ride on Panorama Walk is really good - particularly as it was a warm sunny day - and there was very little traffic about. After Panorama Walk there is a drop down into the Eglwyseg valley and up over World's End. I tend to get off at the Ford and carry my bike over, as I once fell off there and was off the bike for 4 or 5 weeks with a bad hip/leg.

Good fast ride all the way back into Chester after that :)

Details of route below from Garmin Connect:


And also from Strava - which told me I'd done a personal best up the Steps.



Not a great average speed (15.3 mph) but there was quite a lot of climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment